Once you’ve got your Revolv Smart Home Solution, you can set it up in under 60 seconds using only your smartphone or tablet. Revolv pulls your WiFi information from your phone and transfers it to the Hub in seconds; just type in your password! We’d call it black magic, but that would make us witches.
Then, the Revolv set-up wizard makes it easy to find and connect to the wireless devices you already own and have up and running, like lights, locks, thermostats, speakers, smart-plugs, shades, sensors and more.
Once connected, you can easily create your own Actions based on an array of triggers, such as GeoSense, time of day, and sensors. You can even use Actions to harmonize multiple devices and have them work in concert with the touch of a button.
FlashLink is our revolutionary, proprietary method to get your Revolv Hub joined to your local Wi-Fi network. Using the flash from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you’ll be able to transfer your WiFi information directly to the hub, and simply enter your password to complete the process. No registering online, no fuss, no muss! Just pure, simple, easy-to-use technology.
Never fear, Android fans! We’re already working on our Android app. We plan to have it released in Q1/Q2 of 2014.
Currently, our Hub works with many of the off-the-shelf devices that you love (and probably already own!) Examples include Sonos, Philip Hue, Belkin WeMo, Insteon products and so much more! Here is a full, detailed list of what we currently work with, with more devices being added monthly:
In-Wall Light Switches
- Belkin WeMo Light Switch
- Cooper Wiring Devices Single-Pole Wireless Light Switch (#RF9501AW)
- GE Z-wave 3-way Switch Kit (#45614)
- Insteon SwitchLinc Remote Control Dual-Band Switch (#2477S)
- Leviton VRS05-1LZ Vizia Z-wave Switch
- Leviton VRS15-1LZ Vizia Z-wave Switch
In-Wall Light Dimmers
- GE Z-wave 2-way Dimmer Switch (#45606)
- GE Z-wave 3-way Dimmer Switch Kit (#45613)
- GE Z-wave In-Wall Dimmer (#45612)
- Insteon SwitchLinc Remote Control Dual-Band Dimmer (#2477D)
- Leviton VRI06-1LZ Vizia Z-wave 600W Dimmer
- Leviton VRI10-1LZ Vizia Z-wave 1000W Dimmer
Keypads & Remotes
- Insteon RemoteLinc Wireless 2-button Keypad (#2342-242)
- Insteon RemoteLinc Wireless 4-button Keypad (#2342-232)
- Insteon RemoteLinc Wireless 8-button Keypad (#2342-222)
Wall-Plug Lamp Dimmers
- GE Z-wave Fluorescent Light & Appliance Module (#45603)
- GE Z-wave Fluorescent Light & Appliance Module (#45602)
- GE Z-wave Fluorescent Light & Appliance Module (#ZW4101)
- Insteon LampLinc Plug-in Dual-Band Lamp Dimmer (#2457D2)
- Insteon ApplianceLinc Plug-in Appliance Module (#2456S3)
- Leviton Plug-in Lamp Dimming Module (#VRP03)
- Insteon LED Bulb (#2672-222)
- Philips Hue Starter Pack
- Philips Hue Bulb (#431650)
- Philips Friends of Hue LED Bloom
- Philips Friends of Hue LED Lightstrip
- Philips Hue Downlight Lamp (#BR 30)
Fan Controller Switches
- Leviton VRF01-1LZ Vizia Z-wave 1.5A Scene-Capable Quiet Fan Speed Control
Wall-Plug Switched Power Outlets
In-Wall Power Outlets
- GE Z-wave Duplex Receptacle (#45605)
- Leviton VRR15-1LZ Vizia Z-wave Receptacle
Outdoor Power Outlets
- GE Z-wave Outdoor Module for Lighting Control (#45604)
- Insteon 2634-222 On/Off Dual-Band Outdoor Module
Shades & Shade Controllers
- Honeywell Z-wave Enabled Programmable Thermostat (#YTH8320ZW1007/U)
- Nest Learning Thermostat (1st Generation)
- Nest Learning Thermostat (2nd Generation)
- Trane Home Energy Management Thermostat with Nexia Home Intelligence (#TZEMT400BB3NX N N SL)
- SONOS – PLAY:1
- SONOS – PLAY:3
- SONOS – PLAY:5
- SONOS PLAYBAR TV Soundbar
- SONOS – SUB
- SONOS – CONNECT
- SONOS – CONNECT:AMP
- Kwikset Home Connect 910 Z-wave Smart Code Electronic Deadbolt
- Kwikset Home Connect 912 Z-wave Smart Code Electronic Lever
- Yale Real Living Electronic Push Button Deadbolt with Z-wave (#YRD210-ZW-619)
- Yale Real Living Electronic Push Button Lever Door Lock with Z-wave (#YRL-210-ZW-0BP)
- Yale Real Living Electronic Touch Screen Deadbolt with Z-wave (#YRD220-ZW-619)
- Yale Real Living Touch Screen Lever Door Lock with Z-wave (#YRL-220-ZW-619)
- Schlage BE369NX CAM 619 Home Keypad Deadbolt with Z-wave
- Schlage BE469NX CAM 619 Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-wave
- Schlage FE599NX CAM 619 ACC 619 Home Keypad Lever with Z-wave
Our goal, of course, is to work with every off-the-shelf smart home device you can purchase! New devices are supported every week, and are automatically upgraded on your hub as soon as they meet our rigorous testing standards.
If you have a particular device you’d like to see supported, toss it up on the support forum or vote for an existing one and we’ll be sure to take a look at it!
Currently, no. Revolv is distributing our Smart Home Solution in the US only. Our reasoning for this is our team needs to complete the process of researching and meeting compliance and certification requirements for international markets. As soon as we have an estimated date on when we can ship internationally, we’ll let you know!
Currently, Revolv is self-distributing. In the future, we’ll be working with specific channel partners to distribute on a wider scale in the United States, and will eventually expand internationally when we’re ready. If you’re interested in becoming a distributer, reseller or installer of Revolv, please sign up for the appropriate mailing list and we’ll be in touch when the timing is right. Thank you!
The Revolv Smart Home Solution, which includes the Revolv Hub, Revolv App and the Lifetime Subscription, are $299 US. That’s right: no monthly fees! We figured most of us have enough of those in our lives already.
The Revolv Lifetime Subscription, which is included in the $299 you pay for the solution, enables the remote and GeoSense automation that allows your Hub to work together in harmony (and continually update) with the products you already own; for the lifetime of the product. This is something that many other solutions charge for on a monthly basis.
Yep! Revolv will work with and sync to multiple iDevices, as long as they fit our parameters: iPhone 4S or higher, iPad 3rd Gen or higher or iPod Touch 5th Gen. iOS 6 or higher is also required.
As many as you can get your hands on! The Revolv Smart Home Solution does not have a limit on the amount of devices it can support.
The Revolv team takes the security of you, your family, and your technology very seriously. We use the same 128-bit, SSL encryption that the major banks use in processing financial transactions. This ensures that all of the communications between your phone, your devices and your Hub remain completely private. Our service also continually monitors your interactions, whether automatic or manually activated, to ensure that only those you’ve designated access to are able to utilize your solution. With the ability to deactivate your solution remotely and revoke access from any phone at any time, you’re completely in control of Revolv and all of the devices attached, no matter where you are or what the circumstance is. The privacy of your home and your information are our primary concern, and we’re constantly working so that you can place your full trust and confidence in your Revolv Smart Home Solution.
Losing your phone is always a bummer, but hey, it happens to the best of us. We are here to take care of that for you.
First, we encourage you to keep a passcode on your phone, and to keep your “Find my iPhone” feature enabled. This way you can shut down your phone, and even wipe it clean, from the internet if it gets into the wrong hands. You can then disable your iPhone using Apple’s Lost Mode, preventing access to anything on your phone including the Revolv app.
You can also give us a call at 888-966-9733, and after identifying you we can disable your account. You can then re-commission your hub with a new phone using Flashlink.
As of right now, not yet. But for those of you with larger homes (bigger than 10,000 sq/ft) or second homes who desire an additional Hub, this is a feature we’re currently working on and hope to release soon! Stay tuned.
Nope! You just need an outlet to plug your Hub into, your existing home wifi network, and an iPhone/iPad to run it all.
Absolutely! The Revolv Actions allow you to customize and group smart devices and apply different triggers (based on location, time of day, sensor and manual) to automate your daily routines to make life easier and automated.
In most cases, yes they can.
For some devices, such as Insteon and ZWave switches and devices, we recommend unjoining/factory resetting them so that they are controlled exclusively through the Revolv hub. If you keep them on their existing network, they can send commands that conflict with the setup you do on Revolv.
It really depends on the smart device, but the average range in a typically constructed home for the first hop is around 50 ft indoors.
Note that some types of smart device, such as ZWave and Insteon, will create a “mesh network” to greatly extend the range and reliability of all the devices of that type. We recommend having at least a few plugged-in devices of either of these to build a more reliable network around your Revolv home.
Yes, you can! You can use Insteon wireless remotes, as well as the iPad 3 or higher or iPod Touch (5th generation).
You betcha! In fact, many people said it couldn’t be done; that we couldn’t put seven working wireless radios into a small form factor for such an inexpensive price. We’ve set the record for smart home device compatibility, starting with Z-Wave, Insteon and Wi-Fi. We’ve even got the FCC certificate to prove it! All of the radios work today; they’re just not “activated”. The other four can be activated with a simple software upgrade as functionality is rolled out in the future.
We certainly do. If you are not completely satisfied with your Revolv solution at any time during the 30 day period following the original shipment date, our team will provide you with a full refund. Please note, however, that we do not provide warranty coverage for the following:
•Problems that result from external causes such as accident, abuse or misuse
•Usage that is not in accordance with REVOLV product instructions
•Products that are shipped and/or used outside of the continental United States, Alaska, Hawaii and US territories.
•Products with missing or altered labels
•Products which have been opened or otherwise tampered with or damaged
For more details and our full warranty and return policy, please head to our Warranty / Return Policy page or email our support team at email@example.com.